Fall is Officially Here!
Halloween is this weekend, and we want to ensure that you are taking all the necessary precautions to keep you and your children safe. Below are a couple of steps to take this Sunday to ensure safety within your community.
- Ensure you know what your designated community’s trick-or-treating hours are.
- Drive safe and slow throughout your community or neighborhood.
- Watch for cars when you are walking, put down your device to maintain your focus.
- Keep hand sanitizer for extra use after each house to stay sanitized before your return home.
- If you are unsure, bring masks to protect each other.
- When returning home, check candy for any suspicious items that could have met your child’s candy bucket.
November is COPD Awareness Month!
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung disease that obstructs the airflow from the lungs. This month increase your awareness of the disease by knowing what questions
to ask and what information to share on your personal social media pages. There are many ways to raise awareness this month to support those struggling with
COPD. Find out if there are events within your community regarding COPD awareness month.
Ways to Give Back this Holiday Season
Volunteering within your community is a keyway
to give back. Consider volunteering at some of your local organizations this
If your schedule impairs your ability to give
time by volunteering, most non-profit organization accept any amount of
donations. Or maybe you’re out shopping, why not pick up a gift for a child in
need. There are many organizations that designate the holiday season by
providing from the community to children in need. Hospitals are also in need of
gifts for their pediatric units. Search for organizations around you and see
how you can give to those in need.
Fall is the perfect time to get rid of those warm
winter clothes you neglected last season. Gather up your unwanted, unworn items
and consider donating them charity or your local shelter. Consider contacting
your local shelter to see what they are in need of.